DW Series – 61 polypropylene string wound filter cartridges are certified to comply with materials safety requirements of NSF/ANSI 61 – “Drinking water system components- Health effects”. These filters are manufactured to be used by water municipalities and in various point-of-entry (POE) potable water systems. In addition, these filters are made using polypropylene complying with FDA CFR 177.1520.
These string wound filter cartridges provide progressive depth filtration with high dirt-holding-capacity (DHC) in order to remove sediment from drinking
water. These filters are made in Ashland, VA USA for quick delivery to municipalities throughout the United States and Canada. The filters are also suitable for use in other countries that recognize the value of the NSF/ANSI 61 standards.
Various optional components including O-rings, end fittings and core covers are included in the 61 certification. Micron ratings are available from 0.5 to 200 for polishing to pre-filtration. We wind continuous lengths from 4” to 72”.
NSF/ANSI 61 was developed to establish minimum requirements for the control of potential adverse human health effects from products that contact drinking water.
Evaluation included laboratory extraction testing (for assessment of non-contribution of a variety VOCs and a variety of metals such as lead) and an on-site audit of our quality system
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified to meet municipality purchasing specifications
- Variety of sizes and configurations to ensure proper sizing, fit and sealing
- High sediment-holding-capacity for longer time between filter cartridge changes
- Continuous lengths up to 72” (183cm)
- Municipal water
- Pre-filtration for membrane/ reverse osmosis (RO) systems –fresh water
- Pre-filtration for membrane/ reverse osmosis (RO) systems – desalination
- POE (point-of-entry) potable water filtration
- Other potable water or food/beverage applications where NSF/ANSI 61 is recognized